Here is my take on the current political system of India. Here are the characters of this story.
- India (is a car) - Was being driven by a useless driver. Faced lot of issues with mileage, maintenance, speed. One look and you will know
- Indians (Sponsors and own the car) - are looking for the right person to drive. Have a lot of dreams and aspirations and are looking to find a driver who can keep them alive in the national level championship. They don’t expect to win the championship, but want to survive longer and stay in the race.
- Narendra Modi (state level race car champion) - social media has reports of him having won many state level championships. Is entering inter state championship and planning to race in the national level championship.
- Rahul Gandhi (wants to drive) - is the son of the previous driver of the car, has a lot of people around him who have driven the car. Wants to become a race car driver, but doesn’t have a clue how to do it. Has big private sponsors and was selected in the national championship without any selection criteria.
- Arvind Kerjiwal (the mechanic) - is building a car service center and a new race car driver evaluation mechanism. The sponsors have never heard about the concept of driver who is going to service a car. Sponsors think a driver’s job is to only drive. They have never seen a driver who want to get his hands dirty servicing the car.
The dilemma of the Sponsors.
The sponsors are now evaluating what to do with their car. They are being pulled in different directions by different people.
Some people want to stick to the status quo and hire Rahul Gandhi as the driver. But, many people have pointed out that his predecessors have not maintained the car properly. The car is barely running now and give less than 2km/liter mileage. The car was supposed to give 25kms/liter mileage. The top speed of the car has fallen down to a mere 30km/hr. This is not enough even for the qualifying round of the world championship. Rahul Gandhi says, he will get the women of India to push the car during the world championship race. Even if the car stops, he says - “Indian women are very strong and can help him finish the race”.
Others say that Narendra Modi will add a Nitrous Oxide Engine to the car. Then, he says - “the car will give speeds of more than 200km/hr”. He claims to be the best driver in India and he will personally guarantee a win in the world championship race. He says he knows a great industrialist who will build the Nitrous Oxide Engine, but, will charge a lot of money. Narendra Modi has an impressive track record as a driver. But, there are allegations that he once hit his own crew member at a state level championship.
Arvind Kejriwal seems to be on a completely different line. People are not sure, whether, he even knows driving. But, Arvind has been hiring a lot of people who know how a car works, and can do an end-to-end servicing free of cost. He plans to fix the engine, change the tyres, get new seats, remodel the whole car and do a complete overhaul of the car. He says that once we fix the engine, and are able to ensure it works flawlessly, then, we have a good chance of competing in the World Championship. The confused sponsors keep asking him whether he knows driving. They are still trying to understand the concept of a driver who is going to service the car. To pacify the sponsors, Arvind Kejriwal is trying to learn driving himself, he came second in the Delhi 100 meter car race Championship. But, people are saying it was too short a race.
The sponsors will have to choose within the next few months.
What I feel?
We need Arvind to fix our country and remind politicians that they are answerable to the public. I do not want to lose an opportunity where a moment has started in India and we failed to make the best out of it. We need to trust him, only once (I will vote for a second time only if he has proven good governance). We might see development under Modi, we might see empowerment under Rahul. But we will lose out on Accountability if we do not choose Arvind.